Friday, April 23, 2010

Bump in the Road

Yesterday I received a phone call from Hope's Promise (the agency in town doing our home study) and she told me that Denny's fingerprints did not go through FBI.  They have been kicked back to us, so he has to redo them. We should have know that 2 MONTHS AGO. When I last talked to CBI (Colorado Bureau of Investigation) they told me they went through and would be done in a couple of days and that was the first week of March.

It just doesn't make any sense. Denny's fingerprints cleared CBI, but the FBI said that they were "of a quality too low to be used."  If the CBI can read them then I don't understand why the FBI would have trouble, and when that is the case "quality too low to be used" they usually send back the card. Well, they did not send back the card so I am positive that they lost the prints. They never let us know they didn't go through because they don't have them, so they didn't know!  On top of that Denny has a Top Secret Security clearance.  There is a lot of information on Denny out there and they can't identify his prints.  Come on!
 
Today Denny had his prints done again and we sent them FedEx to CBI.  They will get them Monday morning.  Our home study is done except for the date that they need to put in about when Denny's prints cleared FBI.  When the agency gets that date they will put it in and FedEx it to the agency in Utah.  The first time we sent in our prints it took 9 weeks for them to be done, and that is 6 weeks longer than we planned on waiting.  The agency plans on calling often to make sure that they are being pushed through and I will also be calling.
 
It looks like we will not be going active May 16th as planned.  I just hope that things move quickly and our date will not need to be moved to far back.

3 comments:

  1. Hi T, it sounds like you are working with the Army again ;o) That this extra time to do something special before the baby arrives. I will be thinking about you!

    Love Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, I had not even thought of that, but that is exactly what it is like! OH, the frustration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's strange and frustrating how things happen sometimes but usually it happens for a reason and something positive will come out of it. I'm thinking of you Tanya and can't wait for the day I get a call from you. Take care and give yourself a hug from ME!

    ReplyDelete