I am standing close to the top of the steps chatting with everyone in the kitchen, and I hear Tami coming back up the steps so I turn to look and right behind her is my mom and sister (Ryan's wife) Lindsay!!! I was in such shock I just started to hug them and cry. It was the strangest feeling I have ever had and I have NEVER been so surprised in all of my life. Lindsay and Mom had both said they couldn't come and I didn't really expect them to since Lindsay was in Basin and Mom was in Mesa, AZ. That is a special memory I will have for the rest of my life! I want to thank everyone for pulling off such an amazing surprise. I loved it!!
Now for an update: Our fingerprints are done and this week Denny and I completed two of three interviews for the home study. Next Thursday we will have our third interview and then we should be approved to adopt one to two weeks after that. Our approved home study will then be sent to the adoption agency in Utah and then we will go active May 17. That is just over 6 weeks away!
No comments:
Post a Comment