Denny had a South Dakota trip planned with my brother Ryan and the Tates invited the kids and I to join them camping. I am so happy we went! The kids had a wonderful time and so did I.
On the drive up we saw a Mama Moose and her baby strolling across the road.
All the kids took off exploring right when we arrived. It was about a 3 hour drive so we were happy to get moving.
Ike and Via's first time shooting BB guns
Ike and John spent many hours riding and then shooting BB guns.
Ike LOVED the "ATV". He rode it constantly while we were there. It was his first time and he had some first timer stats: stuck in one huge bush, stuck in one tree, and he was going to fast and dumped he and John off into a mud puddle. He was in boy heaven.
Can't forget food.
Via went for a few rides. She liked it but was not as into it as Ike.
Ike managed to dump himself off of Trin's four wheeler too.
Trin is the coolest 2yr old I know! She thinks she is one of the big kids and won't take nonsense from anyone!
About to go out exploring. My kids first time riding in the back of a truck.
Lily Lake
John was catching a lot of frogs. He then helped Ike and Via hold one.
Olivia panicked and dropped them the first few times she tried, but she eventually was calm enough to hold onto one.
Then it was on to Teller City. An old ghost town that was once a mining town.
snack break
Playing in the dirt
While playing bags I enjoyed hearing these two cracking up! It was so sweet to listen to.
S'MORES!
books by the fire
bedtime books by the fire
camping art: paper, tape and "nature"
The girls spent a lot of time exploring by the water and through the bushes.
Ike turned his camping art into a racing badge
Via pretending to be an awesome dirt biker
Claredon taking the boys on an extended adventure. John is a pro and Ike is very much a beginner. Ike accidentally ran into John who was stopped bumping John off his bike. Then he stalled in a large puddle and had a moment of panic. I am thankful for Claredons patients with Ike so that he was able to have a new adventure.
While the boys were away the girls played with bubbles
and talked sweet Elizabeth into reading a bunch of books







































What awesome memories! We had such a great time with you guys! I'm glad we "found nature" together :)
ReplyDelete