Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Birthday Splash!

On Sunday we celebrated two very special people.  Ike is now 6 and Via will be 4 very soon.  The kids had so much fun eating pizza and cake and then swimming with their friends and family. 
Here is the Ninja and Princess Lego cake they requested.




Blowing out candles with some helpers.

Present time!







Mom got to meet and hang out with sweet Rafa!

I remember a few years ago when we had a 2 year old and a baby. We lived somewhere new where we didn't know anyone.  Denny had started a new job and had to work a lot.  I was beyond exhausted and overwhelmed most days.  One day Denny and I were talking and he asked me what ages I was really looking forward to.  I told him 6 and 4. I said I can't wait until they are 6 and 4.  I treasure those days when they were little and babies, but those days were hard.  I knew what I was talking about because the kids are so much fun right now. This is the time when I get to breathe and enjoy every minute (well almost every minute).  I love their personalities and getting do to so many things with them now.  I love chatting with them and going on adventures.  I love not wiping butts or going places without one kiddo having an epic meltdown.  I also love that they are still cool with spending so much time with us and we are still their world.

1 comment:

  1. Great birthday party for these two! Love you Via and Ike!!
    Nanna and Papa

    ReplyDelete