Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2011 Adoption Update

It feels like just yesterday when all I could think about was an upcoming adoption.  It is now approaching seven months since we finalized our adoption with Isaac, and now it's time to think about giving him a sibling.  Things are pretty far along when it comes to the process, and many of you already know what is going on but for those of you who don't here it is:

Denny and I had always planned on starting the process again when Ike turned one, so the end of July I started the paperwork to get things moving.  The day after I finished filling out the applications to get the process moving I got an email....

July 21~  Hope (Isaac's birth mother) sent me an email telling me that she was pregnant.
                - I let her know that we were starting the process to adopt again and if she is considering adoption PLEASE think of us!

July 23~  Hope asks if we would consider adopting this baby if she chooses adoption again.
                -Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

August 2~  We get a call from Heart and Soul Adoptions, Inc.  They gave us the very exciting news that Hope HAS decided to place this baby with us!
                   -Excited and in shock...It all feels like a dream.  Next thought of course is when is she due?
                   -December 25th!  Wow!  That is right around the corner and puts Ike and this baby 16 months apart!  A little closer than we expected, but a true blessing!

August 18th~  Hope has an ultrasound and lets us know........ IT'S A BOYYYYYY!!!!

Please keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers.


5 comments:

  1. Oh, yes, you have been in our prayers since we heard the news. So excited to have another precious little grandson. Ike will be such a good big brother & your new son will BE BLESSED WITH AWESOME, LOVING PARENTS. We are so very happy for you 3. GOD IS GOOD!!!!! Love you guys so very much. Dad & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys. Can't wait to see Ikester pre-brother in November and then Ikester and Eli in December. Gonna be fantastic. Take care. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely in our prayers. Lindsay told me about it and we're so excited for you guys!!!
    It couldn't have worked out any better could it?
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nana and Papa couldn't be more thrilled! Best x-mas gift ever! We are all so blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So excited for you two! Dad said the birth Mom was going to induce on 12/19 did that change? Regardless I know you and Denny will make sure that Eli knows he is the most amazing baby regardless of who shares his birthday. (I am a bit sensative about that)

    You two are amazing parents. And I am excited to have a new little one to meet next summer.

    ReplyDelete