Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It's Wednesday again!

I can say that things are moving along.  I would not say smoothly though because I feel like I have had to babysit our agency though the whole second run of the fingerprints.  The dates needed have been put into the home study, and now we just need everyone to sign it.  You might think that sounds easy, but this is a bad week to get everyone in one place.  Sarah (our social worker) was in Castle Rock (5 hours away) Monday and Tuesday.  Denny is in Houston Tuesday through Friday morning, and Sarah is leaving again Thursday afternoon for California and will not be back until Friday the 28th.  Do you see my dilemma?!  Sarah, Denny and I all need to be in the same place!

I feel a bit annoyed that Sarah's vacation is at such a bad time and if our agency had been more on top of things with Denny's fingerprints we would already be active and her vacation would not have been a problem for us at all.  I put some pressure on her to try and figure SOMETHING out so that we do not have to wait until the 28th to sign the paperwork.  Here is what we came up with....  I will meet with Sarah tomorrow a.m. and read over the paperwork to check for errors and do my part in the signing department.  She will then do her signing and take it to the pregnancy center where she knows another social worker (Peg) who is willing to help us out.  Peg will meet with Denny Friday morning to get his signatures and then she will FedEx the paperwork to Castle Rock (It will be such a relief to just have this happen).  It will get there Monday morning where it will get another look over and signature.  Once that is completed it will be sent to Salt Lake and when it gets there we will be active!!!

I REALLY, REALLY hope and pray that all goes as planned and we can get that home study to Salt Lake ASAP!

No comments:

Post a Comment