Wednesday, May 17, 2023

April & May

We are almost to the end of the school year and wow what a whirlwind of a year it has been.  When I think about the first days/weeks of school vs. now and how much, sadly, our lives changed.  We just kept busy and made it through the year.  We are now looking at our first summer vacation in Erie without my sweet friend Elizabeth.  We made it through our first school year, but sometimes it doesn't feel real that we just have to live life without her by our side while we do all the fun kid stuff. April was Grace's 11th birthday, the girls had more volleyball games, we went and watch some of Trinity's soccer games, Krissy's College graduation, Mother's Day and many weekends we spent with John, Grace and Trinity.

Pre birthday shopping trip to Scheel's. All the kids walked out with a new pair of shoes but I didn't let anyone have them until Grace's birthday.


Birthday morning!  Us, Temme's and Shoscker's all showed up at Grace's door at 7:30 a.m. to give her gifts and sing happy birthday!

I had 3/5 of the kindergarteners sing happy birthday to Grace as 5th grade was coming into the lunchroom.  I also went and got her chick-fil-a for lunch.

Grace got a lululenom gift card from us, Temme's and Schosker's.  We took her to spend it a few days later.


Girls in the first Lulu outfit!

Spring Soccer games


Mario movie with friends.

Denny letting the girls know he is the strongest!


4th Grade Field Trip for Olivia at the Colorado History Museum

Baby chicks in Kindergarten

These girls!  They caught me off guard one morning and wanted to shave for the first time.  I thought about it for 30 seconds and then realized it may be best for me to do a lesson now instead of them just doing it themselves one of these days.  I said yes, went through all that I could think of and then walked out.  I could hear them laughing and having the best time sharing this experience.  Once they were done they came out and were SO excited about how soft their skin was and there were zero cuts between the two of them.  Then they asked if they were supposed to shave their arms.  I was like ummmmm no?!  I have never in my life shaved my arms.  I know many do but it seemed a bit unnecessary for a 10 and 11 yr old! Oh well, it was mostly a success!

Their first season with Carbon Valley Rec ended up being a great one.  They won 9 games and only lost 1 game.  They really enjoyed the season.




Face masks for the boys while we watch our show Young Sheldon and eye masks for the ladies.


Big hail storm.. we need a new roof, a few new windows, and all new window screens. Thankfully our cars were parked in the garage. About 11pm the lightning and thunder were going crazy and then it quickly started hailing.  It was so loud! Everyone woke up and walked out of our rooms at the same time.  The hail went on for about an hour so the kids watched a movie on full blast while Denny and I watched the storm. It finally stopped around midnight and we all went to bed. The next day driving through the neighborhood all the cars outside had a lot of damage.  Many car windows were shattered. It was crazy.


Krissy's Graduation Party



Via hanging out with Rosie the next morning.


Mother's Day morning the girls sang with the worship team at church. They did amazing!


Grandpa Phil sent us an antique doll and a bunch of books. They just moved from Illinois to North Carolina.

Via pretend crying and Olive wondering what the heck is wrong with her!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment