Sunday, July 15, 2018

Camping at Camp Hale

This weekend was so fun!  We went camping at Camp Hale with our friends the Tates and met new friends too. 
Denny and Claredon headed out early on Friday to get a camp spot and set up.  Elizabeth and I picked the kids up from track camp at noon and hit the road.  It was my first time driving an RV and with traffic on I-25 and I-70 AND driving up and down the mountain I think I am a pro now!

The kids were SO excited for a road trip in the camper.

Elizabeth getting them all settled in right before I took off.

The kids didn't waste a minute when we got to camp.  They played hard.

Trin playing with some kinetic sand that she got for her birthday.  It was a hit with everyone.

Denny taking the kids for a little ride.

We all ate supper together both evenings in the Tate's camper. 

An evening ride and walk after dinner. It is so beautiful here!





My BFF (she tells me I am her best friend and it is adorable!) Trinity......she was my little shadow/helper and I loved it.

ATV riding line

Walking up to a little waterfall on the Colorado Trail. It was a quick ten minute walk from our camp.



The girls loved the water, but didn't last long because it was very cold!

Getting their hair wet too.

Walking back to our camp site.

While the girls hung out at camp and went to the waterfall the boys went on an adventure farther up the mountain.

king of the mountain!


They also took a break to play in the water.

Everyone back to camp.

For Ike camping equals some serious ATV riding and he made sure to put in a few hours.

These four found some mud and they made sure to get extra muddy.



One more trip to the waterfall to wash off muddy shoes and because we loved it.


A quick little fishing time after supper and before campfires.

Two days of camping leaves a nice layer of dirt!

girl talk by the fire


Time for smores, roasted twinkies and roasted peeps. Yum!

What an awesome trip!  We can't wait to camp again next year with the Tates!






No comments:

Post a Comment