Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Waller Family

Breean had a big surgery so she and her family have been in town.  Thankfully we were able to spend some time with her before she was off to the hospital.

Breean arrived very early Sunday, June 18th for a balloon ride.  I woke up the kids and had them dressed at 5 am before we found out it had been cancelled.  We found ourselves up early with no where to go. Breean was very sweet and let Olivia do an early morning fingernail painting session.

Ike and Denny had an afternoon of football planned so we went to Boulder and painted pottery.

I painted a dino piggy bank for Ike, Via painted a Pegasus (which she called "unicorn") piggy bank, and Breean painted a buddha. On Friday I was able to bring the Buddha to her hospital room to decorate it.

We had coffee, juice, and tea at the park.
Then we went to Bob and Julie's house for a Father's Day dinner.  Breean, Jim and kids all joined us.  While we were there we got the call that we could change the balloon ride for the following morning.  Sooo Monday morning was a bit dejavu.  Everyone up, ready and out the door by 520 am.  It was so worth it!

Keeping warm while we watch them get the balloons ready.

They are in the balloon!

They are in the sky!
Right after the balloon ride Denny headed off to work, Breean off to the hospital to go under the knife, and Ike and Via off to VBS. 

For the rest of the week Ike and Via had Vacation Bible School in the moring and then played with Wyatt and Wiley in the afternoon. They all swam at our neighborhood pool, we went to Broomfield Bay, WOW Children's Museuem, and played outside a lot.  The kids all had a wonderful time and I enjoyed spending my afternoons with them. 


In the mornings while the kids were at VBS I would go sit with Breean. The last few mornings I was able to go for little walks down the hall with her.



The day the kids and I headed to WY she was discharged and also heading back to the W.



No comments:

Post a Comment