I am okay with winter in Denver because we get snow and then it melts and we still get nice days to play outside. Two years ago for Christmas the kids asked Santa for kites. This was our first time flying them in two years.
Then we get more snow to play in more snow.
Then it melts again and the kids get to play in the mud.
and at the playground
Ike celebrated his 100th day of Kindergarten. Olivia wanted to participate too. We made shirts with 100 googly eyes and necklaces with 100 beads.
Nanna and Papa took the kids ice skating for the first time. They loved it! They said Olivia was the wild and fearless one while Ike took things slowly. Sounds just like them.
And then there was this day..... I get a call from the school nurse saying Ike put a crayon in his ear and it is hurting. She said she can't see anything but he says it hurts. I go to school and pick him up. I look in his ear and sure enough I see a piece of yellow crayon. I call my friend Elizabeth for assistance while I try and take it out myself before heading to urgent care. Elizabeth and Clarendon hold him down and after about 5 attempts I am able to grab it with some tweezers and pull it out. He was so relieved!
A family Sunday afternoon at Monster Jam. The kids had a great time.
Thank goodness we took head phones for the kids. It was loud! Denny and I even had to plug our ears a few times.
Valentine's Day....... Olivia had a classroom party on the 13 because she doesn't have school on Tuesdays.
Ike's classroom party on the 14th.
The morning of the 14th the kids and I went to Ike's school early and had muffins, donuts, juice, and coffee with friends.
Ike and some of his buddies. Tanner, John and Beckett
Olivia and Grace enjoying breakfast at their brothers school.
No comments:
Post a Comment