He was really excited until he realized mommy and sissy were not going to be going with him. He looked so sad and scared when he got on the bus the first time, but his preschool teacher said he had a big smile on his face by the time he arrived at school. Then when he came home after school he was smiling ear to ear when they dropped him off about 12.
Wednesday, February 12, 2014
Ike on the school bus
There have been some big changes for my little man this week. Last Thursday was his last day at Discovery Bay Preschool. He LOVED it there and I loved it there so I was very nervous about changing things up for him. He was going to Discovery Tuesday and Thursday 9:30-2:30. He is now going to a preschool within the local school district and it is Monday- Friday 8:20-11:20. I took him to school and picked him up the first day and then he started riding the bus on day 2. I did manage to get him ready and feed by 7:30 when the bus arrived. This is a big deal if you know Ike. He likes to get up in the mornings between 7:30 and 8 and usually isn't excited about eating much for breakfast.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh, I couldn't do it and Jace would just be a basket case. What a big boy to do that without tears! Love, Lindsay
ReplyDeleteThis made Grammie cry to see Ike so sad, so was really relieved when heard that you had a good first day on the bus Ikey. Such a brave & big boy you are. Love you so much Grandpa & Grammie
ReplyDeleteThe pic of Ikey was heartbreaking but not surprisingly he bounced right back! He's a quick learner. He's got this figured out he gets to go to preschool and ride the bus!! He's such a sweetheart and I'm sure he is going to do so well!
ReplyDeleteLove these little sweethearts!! Love Nanna & Papa!