Thank you so much to everyone for your comments on the blog, emails and text messages. The amount of support we have had through the last 8 months while we have been on this journey has been amazing. After we heard the good news Wednesday afternoon we couldn't wait to share it with the world. Tami and Rick (Sam and Ben's parents) got home from work right after I found out and it was wonderful to get to share the moment with all of them (Sam was really hoping it would be a girl, but I think he will come around). Then we got to do the best part by calling the grandmas to tell them. Once our moms knew I went straight to the blog and Denny sent out a text message to everyone he has ever know. After dreaming of sharing the news that we would be parents for years we really enjoyed that evening.
I also want to share a little more info about baby BOY Vigil. His birth mother is African American, 26 years old, 5' 10", and has two children already (a boy and a girl ages 9 and 4). Her name is Hope and she is from Mississippi. She is already in Salt Lake City where she is getting excellent prenatal care and birth mother counseling. There are two possible birth fathers and they are both Caucasian, and that may be the only information we will be getting about the birth father.
Hope has still not decided if she would like to meet us. We would love to meet her, but we respect her decision whatever it may be. I will be getting updates once a week after her doctor appointments, so for now I will be looking forward to those. The induction date is four weeks and one day away!!
One more thing.....We are having a hard time coming up with a boy name that we love, so if you have a boy name that you love and want to share it please, please do.
Ahhhhhhh! Soooooooo cool for you guys! More goosebumps! So excited to meet him!
ReplyDeleteHeiid
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!I can't wait to meet him!! Nicholas Anthony...Anthony Nicholas? Just a suggestion! Love you guys and congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteOk, I have a whole list but how about Braadon, Isaiah or Isiah (James or Timothy)middle names. What ever he will be soooo loved. Yaah Mom
ReplyDeleteNathaniel/Nathan and Matthew/Matt both mean "gift from God" I like Nicholas and Isaiah also. Bob and I are still pondering and will try to give you a few more suggestions. Love you, Mom and Bob
ReplyDeleteWe went a to z on a list of boy names and came up with:
ReplyDeleteAsher-fortunate, blessed, happy
Gabriel-God is my might
Joshua-God rescues
Sean-God is gracious
These were thrown in by Dave Robbins:
Jason-healer
Justin-righteous
Liam-will, desire
Love, Mom and Bob