It has already been one hell of an emotional ride! Friday afternoon I received a call that there was a birth mother having a c-section and we would be one of the families considered for the baby boy. The birth mother was healthy and committed to the adoption and the baby boy was also healthy.
We did not hear back from Jane (the social worker) for a LONG 24 hours. The update was that everyone was doing well, but the birth mother had not chosen a family yet. Denny and I knew that at any point we could get a call to pack up the car and head to Salt Lake, or we could get a call that we had not been chosen. Even though we knew it could go either way it was still not easy to get the call at 9pm last night that the birth mother had picked another family. The whole thing transpired over about a 30 hour period. I can tell you though, that it did not feel like that, it felt like a full week!
I pray that we do not have to experience that to many times before we get the call that we have been chosen and to come meet our baby.
I can only imagine how hard that waiting must have been. The good news is you have already been chosen by a birth mother. I am sure the struggle to make a final decision was hard for her. Soon the baby that is meant just for you and Denny will be born and in your arms. We love you. Julie Mom and Bob.
ReplyDeleteoh dang! i was thinking about you tons this past week, wondering if there was any news, but not having cell service... i can't imagine how crazy this wait must be! your baby is coming, that bun is in the oven, it's just not ready to come out yet! love you tons!!! ~heather
ReplyDeleteYour blog is keeping me on my toes! Can't wait for your next one with some even greater news of you being chosen!
ReplyDeleteHang in there! :)
Heidi